Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
For schools and educational settings committed to investing in parents and carers for the achievement of pupils
The Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) is a national award that will strengthen and enhance your school or academy’s work with parents and carers. Under the Ofsted framework for 2012, inspectors will devote greater time to lesson observation, and speaking to pupils and parents. LPPA will provide evidence of a sustained approach to parental engagement, which meets Ofsted criteria, and ensures parents have a positive experience of the school.
The LPPA has a flexible approach, where schools can work individually or in groups, sharing effective best practice. Where early years settings work together with their linked primary and secondary schools, a consistent, longer term approach to the engagement of parents can be developed.
The numerous benefits of LPPA include:
- A clear framework for action, relevant to each school or educational setting, which helps the school identify strengths as well as areas for development
- Integrated whole school approach to parental engagement with parents/carers who might traditionally find working with the school difficult
- Professional advice and support from experienced senior educationalists, enabling the school to benchmark itself against national practice
- Staff development, enabling key staff and the school to evaluate and monitor areas of their responsibility, in relation to parental engagement
- Significant impact in areas such as improving two-way communication, promoting a positive learning environment, improving attendance, punctuality, behaviour and pupil progress.
The school has successfully held it's accreditation during the last three periods and are aiming for our forth in the coming year.
LPPA Working Group
If you would like any more information about the LPPA or to get involved please contact Mrs Williams on email@example.com